Saturday, February 18, 2012

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

I just started reading the most recent Diary of the Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney which is called Cabin Fever because it caught my eye in the Scholastic book subscription package. This is the first Diary that I read so far and I'm looking forward to finishing this and reading the other books. Everyone seems to be reading these books and I really like the fact that they are kind of like comic book diaries of this kid Greg. In this book Greg is really upset that the holidays are so long and it takes eight weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas to do something wrong and get Santa upset so he doesn't give you good presents. Then he goes on and on about all the bullying that happens at his school. I like how he talks about bullying in a very funny but at the same time serious way and you can tell that all the bullied kids don't have any fun. Greg also talks a lot about when he was little and how he became friends with Rowley who, I guess, is his best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment