Sunday, November 27, 2011

the red pyramid

In the book the Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan I'm at the part were Sadie escapes from her room in the girls' dormitory she is staying at to explore the Hall of Ages. She wonders around till she finds a hall with a big rug in the middle of it. Earlier that day her guardian Zia warned her to not step off the carpet, threatening that if she does it will melt her brains. Sadie thinks that the whole brains thing was a load of nonsense. If I was Sadie I would want to go off the carpet and explore and that's exactly what she does. The second she steps off the carpet and approaches the curtain of light she is in a whole other world. She sees gods and goddesses everywhere, changing from human to animal to pure energy. By disobeying Zia's warning she almost dies, but still thinks it was worth it.

I think that Sadie keeps breaking the rules and does not want to listen to what anyone tells her is because she had a very hard and unusual childhood. She also feels that her dad abandoned her even though that is not really true. I would probably be the same if my mom died in front of Cleopatra's Needle in some weird spell and my dad took my brother away and left me with my grandparents. I think Sadie is just beginning to realize that she has special powers and that her life will get even weirder and that makes her even more angry and rebellious.

No comments:

Post a Comment