Sunday, January 8, 2012
For a moment I want to take a break from The Red Pyramid that I've been reading for a long time. I want to talk about the book that I read over the summer. It is called A Child Called It and it was written by Dave Pelzer. I often think about this book because it was just so heartbreaking. It is a true story and it is about Dave Pelzer's childhood. He was greatly abused by his mother, who was an alcoholic and his father did not care to help him. He always thought that his dad would save him from his cruel situation, but one day his dad just left. That left him completely at the mercy of his drunk abusive mother. What was really shocking to me was that he had three brothers and she only treated him very badly. I can't imagine how bad that must have felt. She not only abused him physically, but also mentally, for example, one week she was really nice to him and he thought " Is this it? Does my mom really love me?", but then she went right back to her old abusive self. It's like having a little taste of heaven and then getting thrown back into hell. It was really amazing to me that he wouldn't give up hope. I personally would just give up and die if I was in that situation. I can tell I am not as brave as he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment