Sunday, January 8, 2012
I am reading the book "Live From Death Row" by Mumia Abu Jammal, who the book is actually about. It isin't really an autobiography because his entire life isint in this one book. The book is a collection of journal entries of Mumia Abu Jammal from when he is on death row. This book feels more like a non fiction book than diary entries because Mumia Abu Jamal.
Whenever he talks about the environment of jail he never says anything good. Its jail nothing is good. When he describes the environment of jail he almost always describes it as rasist, like the guards only hate the black people. At one point in the book he says that politicians are always for the law, until they are the ones in trouble. He does a lot of thinking because he is in solitary confinement. At this point in the book I would like to make an inference about the author or main character. i think that he is becoming smarter now that he is in jail. His views on politics are very favored towards black people's rights. He was actually a founding member of the black panthers, which was the kkk for black people. the reason that he is getting smarter is because he is in solitary confinement, he has 22 hours a day in his own jail cell. He seems to be self educating himself. I think this because it's not smart to kill a white cop if you are a founding member of the black panthers party. He seems smarter now, one example I have is he quoted a man named Albert Calmus in the 1st chapter. overall, right now Mumia Abu Jammal is getting smarter, and I can see it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment