Im reading a book called Change up. It's about a boy named Stevie and a girl named Susan Carol, who are sport writers. They have a friend named Norbert Doyle and he is a major legue pitcher for the Washington Nationals. He throws high 70's and low 80's. The Nationals made it to the world series and the person who was supposed to pitch for the Nationals got hurt while getting out of bed. Since every one else pitched last night and needed a rest, the only one left was Norbert Doyle, so he pitched. He pitched a no- hitter until the last inning and then he let up a triple and got taken out of the game. The Nationals won 1-0, and now the series is tied at one.
I connect with Nobert Doyle in a way because i play baseball to and i was about to pitch a no- hitter but i let up a base hit right down center field. I was so upset because it would of been so exciting to have acyually have a no- hitter in a playoff game. I almost had my no- hitter in a playoff game. I could totally understand if he got upset because it would be really cool to have a no- hitter in a world series game! It must of been even more exciting because it was his first major league game. He must of been mervous because i was just nervous reading the book to see if he was going to get a no- hitter or not.
I thought this book is really good and this author is a really good writer too. You should read this book and hope you come back and check in on my posts again. Thanks for reading my blog.
I like the fact that you were very detailed and descriptive I dint even read that book but when I read your post I knew what is was about and what part you were at.
ReplyDelete