Thursday, October 13, 2011

I am reading the book: "Johnny Tremain" by Esther Forbes. Johnny is a apprentice in Boston of around the time of the revolution. so far it looks like Johnny is really taking charge in the house. He seems like the person that is next in charge after Ms. Lapham. He seems like the kind of boy that nobody wants to mess with or push around. In one part Ms. Lapham says "You get those two lazy lug a beds up. get them down here. you get pull that worthless Dove out 'er bed. you give dusty a kick for me, I am waiting for him to fetch fresh water so we can get going with breakfast". It seems to me that Ms. Lapham looks to johnny when she needs somebody to help her do things around the house. This will show me that johnny is in charge and is more trustworthy if he gets up and takes charge in this sleepy household. Johnny does get up and do what he was told to by Ms.Lapham.
A person that i want to know more about is Ms. Lapham. She seems mean to the apprentices. She yells at them as you can see because of the quote I showed you. She also calls them names. I do not imagine her to be a nice lady, i kind of think that she will play out to be the kind of person who is always in a bad mood. I also want to know more about how Johnny and the others get along. A few pages later when they are getting up, Dove says" Look Johnny I am not getting up because you tell me to get up. I am getting up because Ms.Lapham tells me to". This tells me that they, or at least Dove does not like Johnny. I think that they think that Ms. Lapham likes Johnny best and this makes them mad, so they don't like Johnny because of what Ms. Lapham thinks of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment