Thursday, October 20, 2011

hunger games

The book I'm reading is the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. The book is about 12 different districts in America in a distant future and every year they hold games that two people from each district get chosen to participate in. They are called the hunger games. What happens in the games it that kids from all over America compete to survive and they have to kill each other for TV entertainment which I think is messed up and sick. The story starts with a girl named Katniss from District 12. Her 12 year old sister got chosen for the games and she wouldn't let her sister die so she took her place. Another participant from her district was a boy named Peeta. In order to survive they pretended to be in love, but Katniss was not OK with that. I am at the part when the games are almost finished and the only people alive are Katniss, Peeta and Cato. Cato got mauled by muttants that are actually other participants of the games that got already killed. The Capitol brought them back to life and mutated them to kill everyone off and to mess with Katniss and Peeta's heads. In the end the only survivors were Katniss and Peeta. There is a rule that if two kids from the same district survive, they both get to win. But what Katniss and Peeta didn't know was that Capitol just changed the rule again. When Peeta and Katniss found out about the new rule the decided to kill themselves. The second they were about to put the poisonous berry in each of their mouths the Capitol reluctantly changed their minds and let both of them win and walk away alive.

2 comments:

  1. I read that book and I liked it. I too think that it is messed up and also sick and messed up because the people in the capital are essentially the same people as the people as the ones in all of the district. So it is kind of like killing somebody because of there race. Which also is sick and messed up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never read that book before and now you make me want to read it so much! its weird how they kill people.

    ReplyDelete